5 Best Dresses to Wear to a Summer Wedding as a Guest
Summer Wedding Season Is Coming
Summer may be the best season to go on a holiday, to bask in the Sun, and get a good tan. It is also a great time in the year to get married and why not, as the weather is absolutely fantastic for outdoor weddings around this time.
However, it is always better to book your wedding venue ahead of time. Most picture book outdoor locations and venues tend to be high in demand during this time and may cost you a little more than usual. By booking a location early, you can avoid paying over the odds.
If you are a guest at a wedding, then Summer-time is also the best period to attend weddings. But have you given a thought to the best wedding guest dresses for the Summer of 2020?
What You Should Know as a Wedding Guest
As a wedding guest there are a number of things you should know. That’s right! even wedding guests are expected to observe a certain etiquette. That being said, here are a few things you should know before you make a grand appearance at a family member or friend’s wedding.
Prior to the Wedding
- Unless you have been told by the impending couple to bring along a guest to their wedding, it is best to go alone.
- Always leave your kids at home. Unless of course they are a part of the wedding occasion.
- Do some research on the location and venue ahead of time. Take a mental note of the time it would take to arrive at the venue.
- Dress appropriately (more on attire below).
- Unless you have been told to do so by the soon-to-be married couple, never wear a purely white attire to a wedding. The truth is, the only person allowed to adorn a completely white outfit at a traditional wedding ceremony is the bride. So if you do not want to be a wedding crasher, wear a colourful dress or another neutral colour.
On the Wedding Day
- Avoid texting or calling the bride to be on the wedding day.
- Make sure to celebrate with the couple. Do not sulk or shy away.
- Avoid being preoccupied with other stuff like fiddling with your mobile phone.
- Never go to a wedding without a card and gift. If the gift is quite large and cumbersome, you can have it delivered to the home of the couple.
- Remember you are supposed to be at the wedding to show your support for the couple. Make sure you arrive at the venue on time and that means at least 25 minutes before the start of the wedding. Also, avoid arriving at the venue of the wedding too early.
- Keep to the instructions. If the use of mobile phones, and cameras are not allowed at the wedding, please adhere to the instructions.
- The wedding is all about the couple, so try to avoid the temptation of turning it into a family and friends reunion party.
- Locations can be tricky sometimes. So if prior arrangements have been made for shuttle transportation to and from the venue, it is best to take advantage of it.
Now that you have been served with some tips for wedding guests before and during a wedding. You might be wondering what you should wear for the occasion.
Being Summer time, the only thing you may worry about is the possibility of rainfall. You should check out the weather forecast and bring along an umbrella if absolutely necessary.
When it comes to dresses to wear to a Summer wedding the key phrase is – Appropriate Dressing. The fact that a wedding holds in the Summer does not give you the license to dress inappropriately.
Top 5 Wedding Guest Dress in Summer 2020
Skimpy casual attires may be great for a Summer outing with friends, but you could look out of place wearing them to a wedding. To avoid an embarrassing moment at a wedding, here are five wedding guest dresses for the Summer of 2020 that should interest you.
1. Women’s Fashion V-Neck Floor Length Evening Dress
Grey is a popular colour for not just bridesmaid dresses, but for also wedding guest outfit ideas for this Summer. If you are looking for an evening dress that you can wear to a number of occasions, look no farther than this Women’s Fashion V-Neck Floor Length Evening Dress. This dress gorgeously combines a cute sequin top with a tulle skirt perfectly. The half sleeves and deep setting V neckline is just ideal for a warm Summer day.
2. Romantic Shimmery V Neck Ruffle Sleeves Maxi Long Evening Gowns
The Romantic Shimmery V Neck Ruffle Sleeves Maxi Long Evening Gowns are a beauty to behold especially in the Purple Orchid colour that they come in. The alluring double deep V neckline shows off your cleavage, but not provocatively. You also have classic ruffle sleeves and shimmering leave pattern designs running down the gown. Apart from being one of those great dresses to wear to a Summer wedding, you can also wear this outfit to prom, cocktail, and evening parties.
3. Women’s Double V-Neck Floor-Length Bridesmaid Dress with Short Sleeve
As a guest to a wedding it is important to also know the colour theme for the wedding and wear a dress that can help you to blend with the theme. The Women’s Double V-Neck Floor-Length Bridesmaid Dress with Short Sleeve is one of the best wedding guest outfit ideas for this Summer. The dress features a deep double V, cleavage revealing neckline, a semi-transparent empire waist flutter sleeves, and also a gentle high-low tulle hemline.
4. Long Empire Waist Evening Dress with Short Flutter Sleeves
Another Summer dress for wedding guests that should make your list this year is the Long Empire Waist Evening Dress with Short Flutter Sleeves. This is an absolutely beautifully designed evening gown. It comes with a nicely crafted V neckline with timeless flutter sleeves, empire waist, and a gentle high-low hemline. You can also wear this dress with no bra, as the bust line comes with sufficient padding to leave you looking elegant, and sophisticated.
5. Maxi Long Flowy Chiffon Evening Dress with Short Sleeve
The last of the top five dresses to wear to a Summer wedding is the Maxi Long Flowy Chiffon Evening Dress with Short Sleeve. This is a lengthy flowing gown with an ageless, and conservative V neckline. It also features mauve or burgundy flutter sleeves which appear to flow right down to the waistline. The Maxi Long Flowy Chiffon Evening Dress with Short Sleeve is also ideal for a number of formal occasions including; cocktail parties, prom, and even graduation ceremonies.
So get cracking this Summer and stock up your wardrobe with these affordable top five wedding guest dresses for the Summer of 2020.
You can also check out other articles about weddings by clicking here: